MERUS – STATIC VAR COMPENSATOR
Effective and reliable power quality solution for heavy industries and electrical utilities.
TAILORED POWER QUALITY SOLUTION TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS
Are you searching for a solution to improve the productivity, capacity and reliability of your plant?
Voltage instability, flicker and harmonic distortions are commonly experienced power quality challenges. Poor power quality can undermine the productivity, capacity and reliability of industrial plants with challenging loads such as electric arc furnaces.
Power quality problems also impact the stability and transmission capacity of the supply network.
GOOD POWER QUALITY SAVES MONEY AND ENERGY
Merus Power Static Var Compensator is an effective and reliable power quality solution – an investment that pays off quickly.
Fast and effective response to voltagevariations, flicker and harmonic distortions bring proven benefits to both heavy industrial plants and supply network.
Merus SVC releases the undermined capacity while improving productivity and reliability in your plant at the same time. Supply network and neighboring facilities enjoy greater voltage stabilization and enhanced transmission capacity.
FUNCTIONS OF THE MERUS STATIC VAR COMPENSATOR:
- Voltage stabilization and load balancing by injecting inductive or capacitive reactive power
- Flicker mitigation through dynamic response to fast fluctuation of loads
- Maintaining of power factor to desired levels
- Harmonic mitigation
- Improved voltage on loadbus
CUSTOMIZED SOLUTION FOR CHALLENGING APPLICATIONS
Merus Static Var Compensator is an effective power quality solution for steel, metal, mining and electrical
utilities. Suitable applications include :
- Electrical arc furnaces (EAF), rolling mills, ladle furnaces and shredders in steel and metal industry
- Winders, conveyors and crushers in mining industry
- Electrical utilities in power transmission and distribution sector
- Other heavy industrial applications
CUSTOMER BENEFITS :
- Increased plant productivity and capacity
- Improved energy eficiency
- Reduced heat losses
- Higher plant lifetime
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Improved plant reliability
ROBUST AND RELIABLE
The Static Var Compensator’s state-of-the-art high voltage thyristor valve, reliable controller, modern user interface and redundant technical design are combined into a fast, reliable and robust system that is easy to operate and complies with all standard communication protocols.
The Static Var Compensator is connected parallel with the load to be compensated. The system provides reactive pow er in proportion to the system supply voltage.
In the heart of the system is Merus thyristor valve that is developed to meet the demands of performance and reli ability in harsh industrial environment. Due to its mechanical composite construction, the size of the valve is compact and it can be installed even in a standard sea freight container.
The electronics are simple and robust, but the device is still equipped with comprehensive monitoring and electrical protection features. All communication between high voltage thyristor disc level and ground control system is utilizing fibre optics which makes long distance signal transfer possible.
Thyristor-controlled reactors (TCR) generate SVC’s inductive power and passive filter capacitor banks generate its capacitive power. As TCR also generates harmonic currents, the capacitor banks are fine tuned for not only reducing harmonics generated by the load but also from the system itself.
The thyristors are net commutated thus they can be turned on once per cycle. This feature along with the control and measuring strategy define response time for reactive power and voltage changes. When open loop control strategy is implemented, the typical response time of the SVC system is 10ms (50Hz).
Merus control & protection system guarantees superior performance for flicker mitigation, reactive power control, power factor control and voltage stabilization. Advanced protection system ensures that the components are well pro tected against unexpected system fault conditions. Master controller regulates the operation of thyristor valve in order to respond to the system’s reactive power requirements.
FOR SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE
Innovative Design and Reliability
- Merus thyristor valve is compact and robust due to its innovative mechanical composite construction
- Fibre optics based communication between high voltage thyristor disc level and ground control system makes long distance signal transfer possible
- Due to compact valve design a system can be built in a standard container and is easily re-locatable.
- Advanced protection system ensures that the components are well protected
- against unexpected system fault conditions
Sophisticated monitoring and remote access
- The system can be monitored and controlled remotely or at on-site workstations
- Comprehensive monitoring and electrical protection features
- Advanced and easy-to-use user interface with 19” touch screen Effective control strategy
- Open and close loop control strategies permit effective Flicker mitigation, reactive power control, power factor control and harmonic mitigation
- Proven control algorithms Merus Power Quality System
- Merus Power is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company.
TURNKEY PROJECT DELIVERY
BY MERUS POWER EXPERTS
The commercial and technical chal lenges of Merus Power’s customers are fully understood as the company’s experts have decades of experience in steel, mining and other demanding industrial applications.
Our experienced project team takes care of the whole project right from the initial phase including onsite delivery to installation, commissioning and training of personnel. Furthermore, our aftersales services ensure smooth opera tion of the system and maximize the return on investments.
TYPICAL MERUS SVC PROJECT ACTIVITIES INCLUDE :
- System studies and indepth analysis
- Engineering, simulations and design
- Factory tests for validation of required criteria
- On-sitedelivery, installation and commissioning
- Training and after-sales support
- Modernization and upgradation
WIDELY ADJUSTABLE POWER RANGE
The system can be built for all medium voltage levels starting from 3.3kV all the way up to 38.5kV. The power output range starts from 4Mvar up to 250Mvar and the systems can be connected parallel for a higher total output.
CHOOSING BETWEEN MERUS SVC AND MERUS STATCOM?
To achieve superior flicker reduction on weaker grids, Merus STATCOM could be alternative solution for your specific application. Working as a Voltage Source Converter (VSC) Merus STATCOM is built on latest power electronics technology. By providing short-term over loading capabilities, Merus STATCOM could be the right solution when superior flicker reduction is the goal. Our experts will be happy to discuss the best solution for your specific challenges.
Download Brochure SVC :
Merus Power offers world-leading clean technology to improve power quality, energy effiiency and environmental performance. Our dynamic compensation
solutions- active harmonic fiters, UPQs, STATCOMs and SVCs – solve your power quality problems in no time. You will enjoy a swift payback on your investment:
our solutions save energy, increase productivity and lifetime of the facility. We also offer a service portfolio which spans the whole product lifecycle from power quality surveys to after sales services. We provide our clients with world-class products, reliable Finnish technology, dependable and flxible service and true co-operation.
Merus Power is a member of Cleantech Finland.
Diskusi lebih detail dengan kami seputar Merus SVC :